The Australian Business Roundtable members are jointly committing resources to work constructively with governments to deliver in five critical areas:
- Community education: Work with governments to increase community awareness about exposure to natural hazards and how vulnerability can be reduced.
- Risk information: Work with governments to identify and prioritise key risk areas.
- Adaptation research: Provide governments with research development and global best practice standards to help future proof our communities.
- Mitigation infrastructure: Work with governments to identify cost effective mitigation strategies to save money in key risk communities and protect lives and infrastructure, and
- Strategic alliances: Use our business networks and relationships as platforms to advocate change.
This video goes a long towards validating the principles that many volunteers firefighters believe in.
A summary of the theme could be “spend more on mitigation and less on mayhem”.
Click HERE to go to the Australian Business Roundtable web site.