The NSW RFS is conducting a number of Code of Conduct and Ethics training workshops in 2018.
The VFFA congratulates the NSW RFS, Professional Standards Unit on this initiative. We encourage members to attend these workshops.
The workshops are interactive and provide an opportunity to discuss the Code and how it applies to brigade life. Learning occurs through instruction, large and small group activities and sharing of member experiences.
What will be covered in the workshops?
- The NSW RFS Values and how they underpin the Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Ethical decision making (‘Ethical dilemmas’)
- Respectful and Inclusive Workplace (Bullying and Harassment awareness and prevention)
- Public Comments and responsible use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Conflicts of interest
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Acting in the public interest
- Explanation of what to do and what happens if the Code is breached
- Providing personal references
- Safety of children and young members in brigades
- Using RFS resources appropriately
Workshop Dates and Locations for 2018
- Coffs Harbour – Saturday 24 March 2018
- Albury – Saturday 7 April 2018
- Griffith – Saturday 5 May 2018
- Inverell – Saturday 12 May 2018
- Cooma – Saturday 19 May 2018
- Cumberland – Saturday 26 May 2018
- Cessnock – Saturday 23 June 2018
- Cobar – Tuesday 3 July 2018
- Mudgee – Thursday 5 July 2018
Who can attend?
- All volunteers are welcome to participate
- The workshops are particularly relevant to Field Officers, Group Officers, Senior Management Team members and Brigade Executives
- There are no pre-requisites for this training
- Apply by sending the State Training Nomination form to your District Office
|Code of Conduct and Ethics (69 downloads)|