The VFFA and many others have prepared and submitted submissions to the NSW Parliament, Legislative Council inquiry into Emergency Service Agencies.
VFFA representatives, Michael Holton, Brian Williams and Neil Crawley will be attending the NSW Parliament on Monday 18th September as part of the public hearing process.
This inquiry was established on 11 May 2017 to inquire into and report on emergency services agencies, in particular:
- Bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Support structures in place to assist victims
- Support services available to emergency services workers and volunteers with related mental health issues
- The appropriateness of uniforms provided to personnel in emergency services agencies, and
- The relocation of the New South Wales Rural Fire Services Headquarters to Orange, Dubbo or Parkes
Note: Submissions closed on the 23rd July 2017.
Many submissions are publicly available
All submissions are carefully reviewed by the NSW Parliament, Legislative Council Committee before making a decision regarding publication suitability and status. It can take some time between lodgement and publication on the committee’s website.
Published submissions can be viewed at: https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/committees/inquiries/Pages/inquiry-details.aspx?pk=2442#tab-submissions
The VFFA submission is publicly available for download via the committee’s website (see links above) or using the links provided below.