There was a report of a vehicle roll over (NSW RFS Cat 9) near Narrabri on Monday 22nd Jan 2018.
The welfare of those involved is the highest of priorities. It does appear that everyone is okay without serious injury.
It is now very important that the NSW RFS acts upon any reports received to determine if this accident (reported as a tyre failure) or the resulting vehicle roll over are in any way connected to the faulty wheels that were reported in November 2017.
As stated earlier in a VFFA post:
- The wheels in question were fitted to NSW RFS Cat 9 response vehicles.
- The NSW RFS has not issued a safety notice or safety alert about the wheels (some references to rims).
- There has not been any recalls of the wheels.
- There does not seem to be any Safety Alerts issued in 2017 (no Safety Alerts about any topic).
- Some Districts, Teams or Zones have replaced wheels.
Images obtained from Facebook
The following images of the wheels (post incident) were obtained from our friends on Facebook.
Surely we will see a service prepared Safety Alert about this issue.