The FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Camera is a lightweight, pistol-grip thermal imaging camera designed to give a complete view of the fire scene through smoke or in total darkness, without ever losing line of sight.
This 160 × 120 pixel, thermal camera helps you see through smoke or in total darkness, for additional situational awareness that is not possible with the naked eye.
With a bright, integrated torchlight, the FLIR K1 illuminates the scene so you can navigate easily and manage the crew more effectively.
The FLIR K1 is pocket-portable or attaches easily to a belt using the included pouch so it’s always on hand for investigations around buildings, industrial settings, traffic accidents, bushfire calls, or search and rescue activities.
At under $900 AUD, the FLIR K1 will allow more emergency service workers to adopt the power of thermal imaging. At that price, the VFFA would like every NSW RFD fire brigade or fire truck to have a FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Camera.
Get a FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Camera for your Brigade
The VFFA has 25 FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Cameras to give away, thanks to FLIR Systems for this generous donation.
If you would like to get one of these FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Cameras for your Brigade, send an email to email@example.com stating in 10 dot points, how you would use your new FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Camera.
Here are two examples to get you started:
- Looking for hot spots when blacking out.
- Fireground size up
This opportunity is available to all NSW RFS Brigades, VFFA membership is not a pre-requisite.
The conditions of this opportunity are:
- Make an application with the 10 dot points.
- Applications must include a single point of contact from the Brigade with a phone number and email address.
- Applications must be received before midnight on Sunday 19th April 2020.
- Successful applications will be announced on Friday 24th April on the VFFA web site and the successful Brigades will be contacted.
- If your Brigade is successful, you will be required to record a 30 second (max) video that we can pass on to FLIR Systems saying thank you for the FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Camera and thanks to the VFFA for their assistance.
- If your Brigade is successful, the FLIR K1 serial number will be recorded and the details of your Brigade will be passed onto FLIR Systems.
- If your Brigade is successful, your Brigade will also be required to register your new FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Camera with FLIR Systems (as per the user manual).
A big thank you to FLIR Systems for this kind donation and a fantastic opportunity for our Volunteer Brigades.
Learn more about the FLIR K1 Situational Awareness Camera
Visit flir.com.au/products/k1/ for more information