If you are looking for information about the AGM to be held at the Parkview Hotel, Orange at 10am on Saturday 5th August 2017. click HERE (I made a mistake with the link that appeared in our newsletter – Regards Mick Holton)
Dear VFFA Members, Friends, Supporters and Sponsors
One last reminder that you are invited to join us for an important General Meeting to be held at the Murrumbateman Inn (near Yass) at 10am on Saturday April 1st 2017.
Meeting Chairman: Mick Holton – President VFFA
Invited guests: The Hon. Robert Brown, MLC – Shooters, Fishers & Farmers Party, Mr. Ben Shields – Former Dubbo City Council Deputy Mayor, Professor Bill Gammage, Dr. David Packham, Ex CSIRO Bushfire Scientist Mr. Phil Cheney, Mr. Vic Jurskis – 40 years career Forester & Author
- Introduction of Executive and invited guests – Jon Russell
- Welcome by President VFFA – Mick Holton
- Purpose and format of the meeting President – Mick Holton
- VFFA Merchandise
- Invited guests meeting address
- Questions and discussion from the members present
- Follow up from 2016 General meeting.
- Community Resilience Innovation Program grant application.
- VFFA Constitution review and endorsement of members.
- 12.30 – 1.15 pm Lunch
- Mick Holton to open forum to members for issues and discussion.
- Outspoken or Abusive language?
- Do RFS volunteers still have the right to express their opinion?
- False allegations and wrongful aspersions on fellow volunteers
- Inappropriate Disciplinary procedures by District Managers
- Procedural Fairness rules not being applied
- Brief overview of current legal actions
- Report back on recent S44 Fires from local residents and RFS out of area response teams
- 4.30 – 5.00 pm – Meeting wrap up and conclusion. Gain consensus of future General Meetings.
- Location for Ordinary meeting and AGM 2017 on Sat 5th August 2017.
Note: This agenda can be downloaded by clicking the pdf icon below or the artwork above.